Saturday, January 31, 2009

Animations and a lapbook

Yesterday morning the boys decided to make animations with drawings and windows movie maker. They got started straight after I'd finished reading some more from the archeology book, and they continued well into the afternoon. Ia also got to join in a bit with some of the drawings. In the end they finished a 30 second animation, using about 50 photos, then took more photos for a second clip, which they have not put together yet.
Whilst this was going on Ia finished off her "About Me" lapbook, which I have posted on Always Learning Resources. Ia also did some more reading, maashAllah, she is becoming much more confident now.
I insisted that everyone get their daily Quraan work done, but other than that I let the rest of the timetable go. As long as they are engaged in something creative I think it is time well spent.
U had a restless night with a cough, and slept in past ten this morning.
Today is sunny and still,maashAllah, great for the boy's football, but once again J has to miss out. Although his foot has nearly completely healed we don't want him to do too much too soon. Today he has put on his shoes for the first time in almost two weeks and has gone to be a spectator at the match. He'll only have to walk a very short distance.

1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

S would like to see the animations!Do you have a lot of snow? We've only had a smattering,it seems like the UK is getting so much more than us this season.
Is creating a mess time well spent?! Biryani would think so;)Having said that she put her boots carefully on the shoe rack today mashaAllah, 'They go there' she said- *faint*