Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Carrying On

Ia had more shape work to do in maths today. We just finished working on this a few minutes ago. I don't usually do this in the evening, but this was just a fun game for Ia. J joined in too. I asked Ia to make patterns, and to make shapes with certain number of sides.






Today I woke up feeling unwell and with a sore throat - again. I was feeling drowsy, but Ia demonstrated that she had memorised a short surah, so the kids were in a hurry to have breakfast and reading time before popping out to get a treat from the newsagents. It was a sunny morning, and it would have been nice to go for a walk, but J has a sore foot and can't wear shoes. He played football in new boots and they rubbed. He waited too long before getting off the pitch, and the sore place is taking longer to heal than I expected. He had to miss swimming today too.
The science test went OK! The only thing they had really forgotten was the 7 life processes, alhamdulillah.
U has been trying to teach herself about numbers. She told H that he doesn't need to go to work, as he has 9 pence in the drawer.
She asked me my age. I told her, but she didn't like the sound of the number so she said, "I'll just put sixty then!"
Also she has been observing the vending machines in the leisure centre and has decided that if you put in 1penny and press a button it will give you whatever you want.


1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

oh the innocence of childhood!