Monday, February 02, 2009

Still winter, still home!

J's foot is better, U has recovered from her weekend bug,alhamdulillah, but we are still home, because it snowed! Anyway, they all went out to enjoy it, and made snow castles with buckets and spades, charged about and threw snowballs.
But it was too cold to stay out for long, and back inside we continued our usual HE day, until feeling warm and ready enough to venture back outside.
The boys did English composition, and more fractions, Pashto, Quran and some science. Between me reading to them and them reading alone we also finished the archeology book.
Ia's was all routine work, plus we are getting back on with the five pillars lapbook now that the About Me is finished.
A couple of weeks ago I posted a little about timetable. The thing with me is that as soon as I devise a timetable I change it again. I tweak and adjust continually, so anything I blog about timetables will go slightly out of date very shortly. What continues is the existence of a timetable. I've been looking ahead recently too, into how other home educators approach secondary HE, and what I'm reading is bound to have an influence on the way I organise. I'm not suggesting it is time for me to shift style now, I just like to see what I may need to consider in future. As long as HE still remains an option in the UK, of course.
In the meantime, let them play in the snow!

3 comments:

Sofinee Harun said...

You will not believe this. We up the North, having a little bit snow. All melted yesterday evening. Today, it's sunshine and blue sky. Not a bit of a white flurry outside.

Well, when I see met office website, everywhere had a warning, but seaham is just normal! It's amazing to see how Allah gratitude is. Everybody talking about snow and disruption in UK, we here got almost nothing.

ummrashid said...

Just wait and see, winter is not over yet,maybe Allah will have some snow for you yet!

Umm Raiyaan said...

Interesting statement when you said 'If homeschool is still an option' (or something like that). Have you been reading the news? They are really coming down hard on home edders!! Want to monitor us in case we are child abusers etc. Just out of curiosity, what would you do if home ed was banned in the UK?