Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Seasonal

The first winter aconite flowers have emerged in the garden, the first flowers of a new year in my garden. This year I was expecting them, and I know what they are.
Today we saw two robins on the bird table. Our bird table is very unpopular, although I do use proper wild bird seed mix. Too many cats I think. Robins are not especially seed eaters are they? They didn't stay long, but maybe they had a couple of insects which have been feeding on the grains. One robin flew to the wall near the patio window and we could hear it sing. This is notable in our bird no fly zone of a garden.
More shape work for Ia today, making larger triangles from small triangles fitted together, and more on Iboard. The boys were also just continuing with work today. We finished off another 50 spellings, so we can have a break from spellings for a while.
Altogether the HE was kept to the morning today, so as to have friends over in the afternoon.

No comments: