Yesterday we enjoyed a day out visiting a museum and old friends. Simultaneously exhausting and refreshing!
Back to usual work today, but the week seems to be rushing by, alhamdulillah! Today, in the English textbook J and R had to explore the Greek and Latin origins to some words in English. I found this etymology dictionary useful. I would like to sit and investigate that dictionary some more, so I saved in in my favourites. I used to read etymology dictionaries in the university library many years ago. Of course I'd like to find a way to include this somewhere in the home education, I'll just let that thought simmer away at the back of my mind and see whether anything comes of it!
With Ia today I began a copy-cat lapbook of the"5 Pillars of Islam" lapbook I posted at Always Learning Resources a couple of weeks ago. I want to make it as exactly like the one my friend's son made as I can, although I see already that my pillar shapes are not as good!
No comments:
Post a Comment