what kind of books do you read to your children ? how do you keep your younger ones occupied as they will not have the patience to sit for long and understand the books we read to the older children ?
Walaykumsalaam, Sometimes I read fiction to them. Usually I would try to choose fiction which is slightly above the reading level which they would read to themselves, and which may be slightly different to what they might read themselves. I do this to try to broaden their vocabulary, and widen their choices. I try to only read fiction which has a secondary purpose, for example historical background. They will read the lighter stuff by themselves. I often read Islamic books to them, for example history of the sahabah. As for the younger ones, sometimes I read in the morning while they are asleep, otherwise they will go off and do their own thing while I read. I don't actually try to occupy them with anything myself.
2 comments:
Assalamu alaikum
what kind of books do you read to your children ?
how do you keep your younger ones occupied as they will not have the patience to sit for long and understand the books we read to the older children ?
Walaykumsalaam,
Sometimes I read fiction to them. Usually I would try to choose fiction which is slightly above the reading level which they would read to themselves, and which may be slightly different to what they might read themselves. I do this to try to broaden their vocabulary, and widen their choices.
I try to only read fiction which has a secondary purpose, for example historical background. They will read the lighter stuff by themselves.
I often read Islamic books to them, for example history of the sahabah.
As for the younger ones, sometimes I read in the morning while they are asleep, otherwise they will go off and do their own thing while I read. I don't actually try to occupy them with anything myself.
Post a Comment