Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday is Chemistry day (for now)

I do like it when bloggers share the details of the HE resources they use. I think reading other blogs is my number one source of resources information! If I notice something interesting I'll immediately go check it out. This is how I came across the Gravitas Science books. I read about them on this blog.
I bought a Chemistry text and workbook set (available from Amazon), and the boys used it today. Last week I read the first chapter from the textbook to them, and I found that they had retained the information well this week. Better than me I have to say! I needed to go and check back in the text for info on atomic number and weight! Although the subject matter may be complex it is expressed in easy language. Excellent revision for me I have to add! What I especially like about it is how it explains what is going on in some of the experiments in our chemistry set, and also the classic "volcano" of vinegar and baking powder. It is so much more interesting to understand what is going on, what those bubbles are in the "erruption". So, inshAllah I hope to be using the book and set together for a while.
Also today maths was practical for the boys, building shapes with cubes, and they did some creative writing for English.
Ia worked quickly through her tasks today, getting everything on her list done before 12:30. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: