Monday, February 16, 2009

Change of Pace

This week is a school half term holiday and there are various activities for children going on locally. So, I decided to make this week an activity week for us, and take a break from "lessons".
This morning we began with me reading aloud some more of our current history book.
Then we went out for a walk to the library. It was really busy but the boys found more books of interest than usual, alhamdulillah. I also found a few interesting non-fiction books, to go on our reading list.
Back home they set about reading the books. Ia had chosen a few more early readers, which she wanted to read to me immediately, maashAllah. I've noticed her reading more of the words around her now, wherever they appear, so she is making the transition between learning to read and being a reader, alhamdulillah.
Later in the afternoon we started a crystal growing experiment from the chemistry set. The boys dissolved Epsom salts in water, which we heated using a pot-boiler method. Now to wait and see what happens!
A nice, calm start to our week of activities, inshAllah.

No comments: