Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Reading

The boys got a walk with H this morning, and play time in the garden again with Ia.
While they were out I worked with Ia. She is getting confident with her reading and writing now, maashAllah. She is trying to read her story books, rather than just readers, and although she often asks me for words she persists with it, so in time it should click, inshAllah. At the weekend she decided to write a letter to her cousin, and today she wanted to do her sentence writing without me looking, and she did well with it maashAllah.
Recently the boys have been rereading all their fiction books, but they've almost got through them all now, so we'll need to get something done about that!
U continues to be a keen reader, maashallah. (Of course she can't actually read!) She spends a couple of hours a day by herself reading piles of books. She prefers to be undisturbed during this time, as she likes to read aloud, with no one listening/interrrupting.
I did quite a bit of reading aloud to the boys today too,covering several subjects. I really should try to keep a note of what we are reading, at least the non-fiction and read aloud fiction. I couldn't keep up with the rest of it!

No comments: