Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Activities!

It has been a tiring couple of days, in a good way, alhamdulillah. Yesterday we met up with friends at the science museum. Of course it was really, really busy and the Launchpad was just too busy to visit, but we went to some of the other galleries we had not been to before, the boys found plenty to do in the energy gallery. Ia was more interested in the toddler of the family we visited with than she was with the museum. She loves making a fuss of babies, maashAllah.
I do find that museum really stuffy and hot. Everytime I visit I come out with a headache. I wonder why they don't keep it at a more comfortable temperature.
Today we were off again to a theme day at a local museum. The kids made clay pots. We arrived for the beginning of the activity and I could see that the boys were not feeling comfortable because most of the other children were younger girls. Thankfully another bigger boy then turned up too. It seems a shame that more boys, of any age, were not brought along. As well as the clay pots we could look at and handle various archeological finds, so not just a "girlie" activity.
After that we looked round the rest of the museum and the play area before heading home. On our way we passed by some charity shops where the boys found a football board game they wanted. We also went to ELC for some air dry clay for the girls, Ia having been inspired by the clay pot activity.
Once home the boys got the football game out, worked out the rules and played. (That is real life reading comprehension!) Ia got busy with the clay. U apparently made something with the clay too, but I thought they were just discarded blobs of clay so I put them back in the storage pot! She didn't seem too bothered though!



1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

I have the hot and stuffy experience to come inshaAllah tomorrow in the form of an indoor play centre aargh. But alhamdulillah my husband has been taking them to things this week, hope I can blog something soon. There are some free activities involving sewing which S and M do enjoy doing at home but I havent taken him as I expect it'd be all girls.