No, no, I'm not really that bad. Just a few changes, inshAllah. A bit more involvement from R in terms of how things should be organised. J was asked too,but didn't have much to say.
So, what the boys did today:
I read half of a history book from the library to them. A certain amount of history is required for a good general knowledge I think, and this can be easily learned informally, by reading. History lessons were just like story lessons to me at school, which is why I liked them so much.
Next was maths. Moving on to geometric solids today. We used these links,
animated nets
3 dimensional figures
before going on to the textbook.
Then we did spelling. This will be a once a week thing now, inshAllah, testing 16 spellings at a time. (Taken from a book listing words by age group).
After lunch and zuhr they did their daily Quran work. After that we started a Hands of a Child lapbook on plants. Lastly they did 15 minutes each on the Rosetta Stone Pashto.
Ia kept to her usual timetable. We are still working on the 5 Pillars of Islam Lapbook. It is not really a long lapbook, but I am doing other work around the topic with her at the same time. I am going through the files of work done by R and J at this age and pulling out worksheets and booklets which I can reuse or copy for Ia. This week Ia is learning about the salaah.
U insisted that she should have a timetable of her own. The thing is that she has no intention of carrying it out, she just wants to see it stuck on the wall with her name on it.
Today I played a maths game with U. Ia joined in.The girls had to cover their eyes then listen to me drop cubes into a metal dish, and count how many I dropped in by counting the sounds. Then they could check by counting the cubes. U can easily do this counting, however she decided that she should be the one counting aloud and I should drop the cubes on her cue. When she found that the number of cubes in the dish did not match the number she had counted up to she was not impressed, saying that I had been playing the game wrongly!
U certainly has her own ideas, maashAllah, and HE with her is a new and different experience for me!
New post added yesterday to Always Learning Resources.
No comments:
Post a Comment