Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Busy at Home

Ia is still playing the game that involves drawing and cutting out. I'm not sure what it is about, but it is a long, involved story. She has been doing some work too, mostly workbook stuff, reading and computer practice for Arabic letters and Quran. But she does not lose the flow of the game, because her work and play are all in the same room, so it is still fresh in her mind. It is such a blessing that she has this time, with minimal disruption to her creative flow, alhamdulillah.

The same goes for the boys' reading. Their current books are always there on the table or shelf, so they return to them throughout the day, in between other activities.

I remember hearing part of a phone in radio programme, a while ago now, about nursery provision. Someone called in to comment on how alarming she felt it was that some three year olds were at home, not attending nursery, and therefore not getting any stimulation!!! I really wonder what the homes of people who make such comments must be like. I guess they must be really boring places. Maybe they are just like dormitaries, where the occupants eat, sleep, watch TV and get ready to go out again.

I certainly don't feel like this about my home. My home seems like a busy place full of opportunities for interesting things to do. A place where we are all working and learning and then playing too, of course. Alhamdulillah.

Yesterday we managed a top up trip to the library. It happened to coincide with a storytime session, advertised for under 5s. In practice under 5s appeared to mean under 3s and U was absolutely not interested in listening in. After all, the rest of the audience were mere babies.

The boys have decided to write books, and they spent a while working on their creative writing today.

3 comments:

UmSuhayb b David said...

I suppose all the 3 and 4 year old were in nursery!

Sofinee Harun said...

It's correct. Their home must be boring. These day my kids started to befriend with neighbour kids. Seems like these kids enjoy coming to our house and stay here until their mum had to come and fetch them back home.

Seems like some other homes was so straight forward and never been an interesting one for kids to live in.

I am one lucky lady said...

Great blog,lots of fantastic ideas xxx