It was a bright and sunny morning. I hung the washing outside to dry for the first time since October. The season is beginning to turn, alhamdulillah.
This month I decided to make a list of the non-fiction books read by/with the boys, just so that I can remember what general knowledge topics we have been covering. The list includes books I read aloud to them in the mornings, and other books they read themselves. The list does not include their own fiction reading - I'm not going to attempt to track that! It also does not include other books which we are using to study from as part of Islamic Studies, for example.
So, this month:
Archeology Detectives, Simon Adams
Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia, Conservation and the Environment
Rich and Poor in Tudor Times, Dr Brian Knapp
The Danger Zone, Avoid being in Alexander the Great's army, J Morley
Stories of the Prophets (between Musa (as) and Dawud (as), Ibn Kathir
Usborne History of Britain series, Tudors and Stuarts
Mad Scientists, Gill Arbuthnott (potted-biographies)
Bit of a history theme this month!
Recently I came across a link to The Periodic Table of Videos. Today we watched some. Basically these are short videos each focussed on a particular element. They contain just the right balance of information to make them both interesting and accessible to the chemistry beginner, such as myself. Also I do like the Professor's periodic table mug. What a great idea for the full information surround effect. Shall I go search for a place that sells them?
Also today they all did Quran , French, maths etc, and the boys finished memorising one of the daily duas they had not known before.
Then off to the park!
2 comments:
AsSalyamu `Aleykum wa RahmatuLlahi wa Barakatuh,
Ohti it is for you
http://ummobaidah.blogspot.com/2009/03/mom-award-from-umm-nassim.html
Walaykumsalaam,
Jazakallahkhair
Post a Comment