To make amends for yesterday I got Ia started on shape work first thing this morning. Well, first for her because before that I had read to the boys. I'm currently reading "There's no Escape"by Ian Serraillier to them.
U joined in with shape work as soon as she woke up. She told me that she had not been able to get any sleep because of the loud noises the boys were making. It was 9:30am.While one boy did his Pashto work the other revised from his science book and played with the magnet set, then they swapped over.
Before I could start the maths with the boys Ia's friend arrived, so the boys went off to play and Ia and friend started work on another Islamic lapbook together.
Before I could start the maths with the boys Ia's friend arrived, so the boys went off to play and Ia and friend started work on another Islamic lapbook together.After some play time for the girls the friend left and it was time for lunch. U went on the computer for her current favourite mix of Education City, French and puzzle story CDroms.
After lunch we had a couple of hours before more friends arrived in which to finish off the rest of the work. With the more reading approach in mind we worked on the mapwork textbook orally, as the current topic is about getting information from maps, (rather than measuring or labelling), so is suitable for read and discuss.
1 comment:
those shapes look nice and colourful and chunky! RE the last post comment, I suppose I was not actually entirely happy with the job I ended up doing (hardly any children 's parents/ teachers following up the work I set, and I never came across any home edding families who most likely would have been the opposite.) but overall I think it was beneficial in my eventual career as a mother/ educator/ whatever our job title would be?!
Boys are being encouraged to head for medical field by DH. I can see S and H as such but M, he's much more into being a teacher/ designer mashAllah it'll be interesting to see how they all turn out inshaAllah
Post a Comment