Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday gone already!



Alhamdulillah, another Monday finished already. I spent almost the whole of Saturday cleaning, not that you can tell, as the mess was hurriedly put back by the rest of the family.

We are getting through my HE plans most days, alhamdulillah, but somehow I don't find time for those extras I feel I should be doing, such as organising the resources, tidying up my record keeping and storage of completed work. One day, inshAllah.

Ia spent lots of her time using Education City today. I switched to the new version, and changed her levels for science and maths, as she had completed all the reception work. This made her curious to explore the new games, and she had fun with it.

The boys began using the new English textbook today. The first chapter refers to child evacuees in the Second World War, so we spent a little time reading online to set the scene, as this is not a topic we have mentioned before. This is how I mean to go on with English, inshAllah, lots of context, lots of "wider reading". Studying for study skills, inshAllah, not for "learning outcomes".

Also today we began a project based around the tafsir for Surah Zalzalah. I've got to remind myself to go slowly, dwell on matters and think. Help it all sink in, inshAllah. I began by reading the tafsir from Ibn Kathir today, then we went a little more into the changes to the Earth and Universe on the Last Day.

Sometimes it is nice to be reminded that something has been learnt. At the end of last week I tried out a new route. The boys thought it was longer than our usual way. I started to explain that when we got home I would show them how to check this using the map and a bit of thread, only to be met with groans of how I'd taught them that before. when was that, I'm still wondering.

The boys also did some cut and copy ICT practise today, although I wonder why I bothered, this evening I found thay had discovered for themselves how to draw silly beards and glasses onto photos stored on their computer. Great, isn't it?

1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

ICT is one area I'm not too concerned about, considering my own lack of ability. As far as I can rememember S managed to figure out copying and pasting pictures into a document a while back by himself.