Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rain, rain, rain



Ia has spent much time at her "graphics table" (term carried over from her nursery days). She's been making cards, decorated boxes, drawing and tracing pictures and even doing a little copy writing. I don't tidy it away at the end of each day, as she returns to her projects the next morning.

What else can we do when the days are so wet? I've done lots of baking and I sorted out the old exercise books from the shelves and sent them into the loft. Can't quite throw them away yet!

Yesterday it was dry enough to have a fun day with friends, alhamdulillah, but all the excitement meant a slow start to today! Once again it was raining this morning, so just a routine day was in order. As an extension of work last week when we looked into an increase in the number of earthquakes being a Sign of the Last Hour I got the boys to do some further research into earthquakes. It is amazing, subhanAllah that there are recorded movements everyday, just most of them are not serious enough to get noticed.

I found useful information at these links:

BBC

Weather Wiz Kids

Earthquakes for Kids

No comments: