
I'm in one of those stages again where there just seems to be so much that I want to do and yet I can't organise my time. The neighbour cut his side of the hedge today, so now my side looks like a big shaggy mess. Things seem like that generally!
The boys' work seems to be under control, alhamdulillah. I heard about a Saturday Quran class, but they don't want to go. I would like them to do more, but I can't force them to attend a setting they don't think they like. I continued reading to them today, including reading the history of Ayyub (as). Then they got their other usual work done too, leaving lots of time to play. Alhamdulillah we got a surprise call to meet friends in the park in the late afternoon, so they got some football fun too.
Ia's work is still not really that well organised. She does various activities most days, but it is just not organised. I could do more with her, things I know she would enjoy and which she has even been asking for, like her own lapbook. But I don't like to disturb her when she is in the middle of a good game with U, or when she is doing educational activities on the computer, so then the days pass. She is only five, I don't think it harms her in the least, in fact I think it is better this way. But sometimes I think she wonders why I have not done this or that with her yet!
These are the days of home ed!
2 comments:
your garden must be looking lovely mashAllah, neatness and organisation isn't everything!
can the boys go and have a look at how the class is before deciding definitely 'no' to it?, M loved (mostly) to go to his, but then it had his friends in it and after the Quran they did have a snack and play activity. He can't continue with them now as it's restricted for boys, up to 6 years old..
They don't even want to consider it.
Post a Comment