Friday, May 30, 2008

Ending a damp week

In this mild, damp weather everything looks grubby to me. Shoes get muddy, mud gets on the carpets, the muddy patches in the garden lawn stand out more, with their bobbles of worm casts. And it's not only the mud, the dampness in the air means that nothing dries, like a grey film of dull on every surface. A few hours of glimmering sunlight yesterday made me want to open the doors to the garden wide, to let the light dry up all the corners it could touch.
It has been a relaxing HE week. The children have had friends over to play, which is a treat for us all, and in between we've been finishing up bits of work. The boys have finished another half term of the maths scheme and completed the assessment. We finished off looking at the life of Ayyub (as). This means that I am ready to move onto new projects in history and geography. Science for the year has been completed, as has English really, but I let that just tick along as we've already blurred the year group boundaries in that subject too much to see them any more.
So, I'm thinking of summer projects now. I don't know why I have these boundaries and timetables in my head, but I just need to organise I suppose.
Ia has been doing more and more arty stuff. Today she wanted to paint and then she made tiny gifts wrapped up in chocolate wrappers. U joins her in this now, they have become quite a team, maashAllah. Other than that she has done bits and bobs of workbooks and continued her before bed reading. Now she is using the Peter and Jane Ladybird books and has moved to 2a.

No comments: