Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pics by boys

I had hoped to have some pics of art work by the girls today, but when I got to the art workshop this afternoon it was already sold out! I wasn't expecting that as the last one I went to was nearly empty.
I felt sorry for the girls for missing out, so we went to the craft shop and I got them a simple craft kit there.
These photo collages are from the boys canal trip last month. We got them disposable cameras to take with them to record their trip. I collected the developed photos today. (Photo development is SOOO expensive these days!) I was quite impressed, maashAllah. I'd expected a lot more fuzzy out of focus shots, shots of the floor etc, but they did well!

The coiled rope is called a "cheese". Coiling a cheese was one of the skills they learnt on the trip, along with operating locks, and swabbing decks!

And this is the lapbook on Prophet Dawud (as) the boys completed in the second half of last week. I've described it over on Always Learning Resources.
U also finished her Hungry Caterpillar project last week. I used a file folder with lots of printing on it for her work. To cover the print I recovered the folder with a large sheet of plain paper, then got her to sponge paint patterns all over it.

1 comment:

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

Tell your boys they were nice shots, masha Allah. My son would also like to learn about photography, insha Allah.