Thursday, May 07, 2009

More reading and writing

I love this bush, maashAllah! It is such a performer. I don't know what it is called. In spring it is covered with flowers and in the autumn it has amazing colours. I can't get a photo to really do it justice.
We have been getting on with things for the last couple of days. Alhamdulillah Ia has written two more stories, both on dolphins, her current interest. This evening she is trying to read a Dick King-Smith book. She admits she can't understand it all, but she has kept trying for about an hour, so she must be understanding enough to sustain an interest! I think it does help that the Peter and Jane books have a lot of words on each page, so once they are used to that the child isn't so put off by "lots of words" when they move on to longer stories.

No comments: