Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Projects

Continuing the butterfly theme this morning Ia and U made butterfly pegs from the Nature Detectives site. I really have been neglecting this wonderful free resource. Maybe it is because the boys were not really too interested and Ia was too young when I first came across it. It is good for Ia now. I've made her a nature notebook section in a ring binder file, to stick pictures and the posters and stickers you can use from Nature Detectives.
U has got started on a preschool lapbook on "The Hungry Caterpillar". She is very happy to be getting her own work, maashAllah. I find myself using more printables these days, as it just saves me time.

The boys completed their Wind in the Willows project today. I decided to take a lap'n'note approach here! So the work is in a ringbinder (together with another project from last year and another in progress). Their written work is often too long for the lapbook approach, but some sections still suit it. For this project they wrote about their favourite character from the play,
a page comparing the setting and residents of the Wildwood and the Riverbank, a page of their own script written in Alan Bennet's style, a lapbook tab book describing the main characters, a vocabulary mini fold defining terms such as "play script" and "stage directions", and finally a review.






No comments: