Saturday, May 02, 2009

Aztec farm

R has made a model to show Aztec terrace farming! Here growing corn and squash.
The boys spent the morning playing football. The girls have been doing lots of colouring in of more clothes for their Lil Muslimah dolls, and their cut out and colour theme books. They also got out some of the craft materials and started making little dolls/toys for themselves., alhamdulillah. I wanted to do some craft with them today, but alhamdulillah they did it by themselves!
I've been in the garden, gardening. I love to see all the flowers and plants, maashAllah, but it does take a lot of work, and I can't really keep on top of it. There is always so much to do.

6 comments:

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

That's wonderful that your boys are interested in doing the artsy projects, masha Allah. My son is not at all interested in doing anything that involves coloring or markers, lol.

ummrashid said...

Walaykumsalaam,
Actually R is usually not at all interested in artsy projects, making this effort really remarkable! It was because he chose the unit study himself, and was therefore willing to do anything the package suggested!

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

Oh, was it a prepackage unit study? Did it come with the materials?

ummrashid said...

Walaykumsalaam,
Yes it is a package from HSLN, which I got from Currclick. We have skipped over the details about the Aztec gods. The project has some bits to it which are a little strange (reume section for Cortes for example), but I just changed this to be a biography instead. The main idea is to develop some independence in study skills, inshAllah.

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum Umm Rashid,

Ok, that's great, masha Allah. I have downloaded some free units from curriclick, but never purchased a unit study. Shukran for the information. Insha Allah, I will look into it as well.

ummrashid said...

Walaykumsalaam,
Umm Tafari, the unit study we got is OK, but not excellent. But it was also cheap! Some stuff on Currclick is good, others are quite disappointing. Proceed with care, inshAllah!