Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Use of a long evening



The model boats didn't get done today, alhamdulillah! J and R got the maths and ICT work done in their room, in between whatever else they were doing. It was all practice work really, and they got it all done with only one or two minor errors, alhamdulillah.

Ia was engrossed in other arts and crafts projects today, although I did get a little maths and Education City out of her. For maths today we used a game I had drawn up the pieces for when the boys were younger. It is a kind of bingo subtraction, although I don't do the bingo part! There is just a board with various subtraction problems using numbers up to 10. There are all the number cards too and I just got her to cover each problem with its solution. It makes a change from the workbooks.

The sun came out again this evening, alhamdulillah. Time to tie the climbing rose, deadhead and look at all the colours, subhanAllah. H took the boys out to play cricket for a few hours. And really it was because of the surprisingly beautiful evening weather that we didn't get the models done!

No comments: