Monday, July 28, 2008

Quietly

Today we have been sheltering from the hot sunshine! Time to keep blinds and curtains partly drawn and the loft hatch open! I'm not complaining, different weather is variety.
This week I feel like we can do a little more HE. The house looks slightly more under control housework wise. Disorganised surroundings are very energy draining. I have considerable experience of this! Implementing what you know into reality is not so easy though.
Today we started reading "1001 Inventions, Muslim heritage in our world". I had known about this book for some time, but had delayed buying it because it is quite expensive. Recently I was reminded of it by a fellow blogger on a forum, and decided that I had delayed for more than a year by now, so it was hardly an impulse buy!
We also continued with the castles topic, and began a new Islamic studies area. Ia has done various bits of workbooks and colouring. Nothing particularly new or recordable, but, just a little more than last week. We are all feeling more ready to start new things. I even ordered spring bulbs today!

1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

'Disorganised surroundings are very energy draining' - too true, as well as meaning it takes so much time just to find anything, mentally it drains you just looking at it and knowing it needs to be sorted. But the words 'Rome' and 'one day' spring to mind when it comes to me doing something practical about it!