Monday, July 07, 2008

"Lost"

The morning got off to a good start, alhamdulillah. The boys listened to me read, did their Quran and double maths..... then R realised he had lost his Tamagotchi toy, and things went downhill. He went off to look for it. Later I got both boys back to do some short pieces of writing they needed to get done on Word. Still it was not found, so after lunch I went up to help them look in their room. Well, I had been thinking it needed a good clean out in there, and as it was pouring with rain outside it wasn't such a bad day for this to happen. After a considerable amount of cleaning out under the bed, through the sock drawers, and other likely places the boys went off to play on the computer, having given up. The girls crawled around under the bed, U seemed quite excited about being given free reign to rummage.
Meanwhile,in the morning, Ia had begun following a Hama bead pattern. She spent the day coming back to it, leaving it half done this evening. It involves lots of counting, and accurate copying, so I think that counts as education. In between she looked at books, drew, played with U.
By now it was almost four o'clock and we still had not begun the model boat project, (from traders in Wooden Ships). I had cut up the plastic milk bottles ready to start, and Ia was hovering around, waiting. Then the Tamagotchi was found - under the duvet. Had I not said the bed should be the first place to look? I had been assured all beds had been thoroughly searched.
Ah well.
So then we got the models half done. Finish them off tomorrow, inshAllah.

No comments: