Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Ship

It rained continuously today, from when we got up, and it is still raining now. I can't remember if I checked at Fajr, maybe it was already raining then. So, a day to stay in! The model ship got finished! I was working on a second model with Ia, but that one got turned into a Viking style ship so I only had to do one square mast. The shape was better suited to it too, as a different size milk container had been used.
Ia did various bits of phonics work, experimented with the puzzle pieces below, drew and coloured.
Gradually, at the back of my mind, I have been working on a way to include more variety in what Ia does. I do still have the bank of activities which were used with the boys, but it has been hard working out how to timetable things in most effectively. It takes me ages to figure these things out to my satisfaction!

No comments: