Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day to day


When I bought this fern I was thinking I'd just get something to fill this deep shade spot. I didn't realise how beautiful the coppery shades of the new growth would be, subhanAllah.
Yesterday was a busy outside day. We went on a long explore, mostly by bus, to reach an art and craft session for Ia and U. The girls enjoyed painting with glue paint, painting a mug and sewing. Ia also helped make a fruit bowl model from dough. The boys had to hang around, looking bored, as the session was not for their age. They did very well, considering. The girls really loved their session, but as the bus fares cost more than the activity itself, and as the boys have nothing to do there I doubt we shall go again. This is the difficulty of juggling the various needs of each child, even I experience it, although my children are roughly in pairs when it comes to interests. Alhamdulillah.
So, after the long bus ride back we still had a half hour walk to get home. I bought them some take away food to carry home, as an encouragement. (Another example of the carrot approach I probably use too often). This "food"may have contributed to my overall exhaustion and queasiness at the end of the day. It was that, along with the heat and our trip to the park at the end of the afternoon, meeting up with HE friends again. The fact that I was kept awake for quite some time the night before by some individuals who had taken the road outside my bedroom for a race track pit lane, keeping their extra loud sports car engines revving like aircraft, until someone came out to yell at them, may also have been a part of it. Overall, something had to give.
So, this morning I was still trying to recover while catching up with housework neglected the night before. End result of all this: slow HE day. At least it is summer, alhamdulillah.

1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

the really warm weather here looks very nice, but I've ben resisting going out in it as I expect it'll exhaust me. Also may meet friends in a park tommorrow so saving my energy for that. Can H get time off so u can take the girls again?. it sounded like a good session for them, something I've been looking out for for M. The time is nearing for MIL to go home and when I'll have to manage all kids at once (of course i will now be getting 'help' from them being at school, if I wanted to do something with just Biryani...)