Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The pace of summer

This morning it was haircut time for the boys. After they had showered I noticed a drip from the hall ceiling. Turns out there is a leak from the waste pipe under the bath. Nice warm weather for drying it out though.
Ia and U have been getting lots of sets of books out, and spreading them around. They have been reading them too, each in their own ways. Ia has been doing more work on her current lapbook, and she drew an excellent picture of a motte and bailey castle. The boys have an on and off interest in castles, so I thought we could give a little time to that in this summer period. They have been on the computer lots too, but the positive in that is that the one not playing reads while he waits.
Then, towards the end of the afternoon we met up with HE friends in the park and once again the boys were joined by other boys in the park to play with a football. This seems to be an advantage that boys have, the ability to approach each other and join in the game, with almost no talk needed. I can't think of a situation where girls of that age would do this, I haven't noticed groups of girls spontaneously forming in the park. Maybe I'm missing something obvious!

No comments: