Monday, March 17, 2008

The one and only Monday 17th March, 2008

Yesterday the boys spent hours playing Wii Sports with a friend, and the girls and I enjoyed going out visiting too. In fact I came home wanting to do everything better again, full of enthusiasm for just getting on and doing more. As usual my hopes exceeded my capabilities!
Home-ed wise today was quite straight forward. We all got Quran study done first. (But this does not mean at Fajr, we aren't up to that standard yet! It just means before other work of the day!) Then the boys did a science revision unit, some English grammar and made a list of advantages and disadvantages of intensive poultry farming and of organic free range poultry farming. Meanwhile Ia was using Education City (I really like that they have modern languages on there), and U was doing a floor puzzle and other things..... I really should know better what U does! I can't forget about the puzzles as they are still all over the floor.
Later on Ia did some workbook stuff, and the boys attempted some maths. It was a page of puzzles, and not their sort of thing at all. Next time I see a family member with an interest in puzzles I'll ask them to have another look at that page with the boys. I can be enthusiastic about almost anything, but maths puzzles are a stretch too far for me.
Overall we got the day's work over quite quickly, but the rest of the day got lost into "invisible housework". (That is the kind of housework that takes ages but leaves no obvious trace of it ever having been done.)
So, another evening draws in and the girls are doing role play with little play figures way past their bedtime, the boys are listening to a Famous Five CD upstairs, the bread is cooling on the rack, the washing up is on pause, the bins need doing, as does the ironing. It looks like the puzzle pieces will still be on the floor in the morning. Alhamdulillah, before you know children will grow up, inshAllah. I'll surely miss the mess.

1 comment:

Sofinee Harun said...

Assalamualaykum,

You right!! Before you know your children are grow up. Very quickly. That's why I think sometimes we wanted to do lots for them..and our head keep spinning around.

Insya Allah, may Allah make easy for us..