Today I tweaked a bit with routine. I had some writing to do on the computer first thing, then once the children woke up I made pancakes. That done the three older ones did their Quran work for the day. Next I read the boys a short biography of Nu’man ibn Muqarrin al-Muzani. Meanwhile Ia had done some colouring of an Arabic letter and U had done some colouring too. Next a short break (I get washing machine on, wash some dishes, read to U). Break over the boys write a traditional style story and Ia does some handwriting practice and then uses the French CDrom on the computer.
I’ve recently decided to do a review in science, to make sure that all the vocabulary is soaking in. The boys do not find science hard, but I feel that they may be a little careless with remembering the details, so I bought workbooks for them to revise over units they covered last year and so far this year. As I made lunch they got on with the next unit.
After I’d cleared up from lunch a surprise visitor arrived for an English lesson. Just a misunderstanding over the days, probably my fault for not being clear. Anyway, alhamdulillah, I took a quick look in the diary of lessons kept from the boy’s time in Reception/Year one and got something ready. This allowed the boys a rather long break! They played on the computer, but then got on with their maths lesson in their room.
Meanwhile Ia and her friend drew a picture of a bedroom and labelled it using words taken from the book “Carlo Loves Reading”. It is one of those books with illustrations labelled with nouns. After that I wrote out words from the book on flashcards and asked them to find the word and read it using the pictures in the book to help. U kept auntie busy with chat, chat, chat.
Later, before going swimming, the boys did some geography work, studying a dairy farm, and answering some questions on it. Before bed they want me to read some more “Wouldbe goods”. Its been a busy home educating day. The way it should be, Alhamdulillah.
Today’s failings? Ia has done no maths today. The floor of the room where we do our work is covered with Hama beads as U thought it would impress her friend if she scattered them, and Ia thought it would impress her more if she rolled in them. No one wants to impress me by picking them up. But we can’t have everything can we!
1 comment:
I hope you managed to sort out the floor, just using a pan and brush is a lot quicker or if really ruthless, the hoover(my rechargeable hoover-thingy has a small collecting box which can be emptied so things like precious lego light sabres don't get binned!)
I am being spoiled at the mo by my MIL as she tidies before Inotice the mess has been made sometimes. She was unwell the last few days and its back to reality!
You get quite enough done I think (is doing the dishes a break?, I spose mentally it is!).
If the amount of work mine seem to cover in school is anything to go by, then yours should be graduating Uni level in only a few years!!
Hope you're managing on your own at themo inshaAllah, at least less washing!xszfipr
Post a Comment