
We've been out in the garden for much of today, enjoying the weather, alhamdulillah.
When reading other blogs it interests me how people organise their time. Some people do not seem to organise at all, and have a totally relaxed approach, whilst others live by detailed shedules. I suppose I'm somewhere in the middle. I do use lists to help remind myself of what I should be doing, but I can't live by a detailed shedule. Indeed I think it takes considerable discipline and determination to keep to timetables. I have tried it, but as soon as something unexpected happens, or I fall behind the timetable, I find myself getting stressed about messing the plan up. So that doesn't work for me. Living without a plan is also for the brave, in my opinion. I don't have enough confidence to believe I could get things right without planning. The best I can manage is to learn from the two positions described above.
I'm certainly coming round to the idea that a degree more organisation might do me some good, and that if I make improvements in general routine, this will facilitate the home ed.
The starting point is breakfast. The boys now eat at an alarming rate. Well, its normal, inshAllah, I think! They are not at all fat, its food for growth! Mornings get interrupted by frequent snacking. No sooner do we sit down to something than someone asks for more food. So I've made a breakfast plan. I cannot think straight in the morning, so I've made a list of things to have, with variations around the days, and they will be getting a big breakfast, inshAllah, in the hope that it will keep them going a little longer!
Any suggestions for sustaining breakfasts, (apart from porridge)??
1 comment:
no plan at all, that's been me for quite a while recently. I have phases of making lists/ planning but like you said if you end up not sticking to it it gets you down. I have been 'planning to plan' recently, let's see if this can be brought into action inshaAllah! Making sure there is food to eat and clean clothes to wear are the main things that have to be in my routine, on that note, mine enjoy pancakes and French toast for breakfast (the latter a bit easier to make). Biryani has her regular petit filous feast and, H demanded a hamburger the other day, well let's call it 'brunch' Good job I'm over the morning sickness.
I still can't bring myself to eat savoury foods first thing(apart from eggs) in the morning. Here it's common to eat a slice of bread with marmalade and a slice of cheese on top.
Post a Comment