
After spending last week out and about it was back to normal today. Well, a slow return to normal I should say. All the children were eagar to begin the morning with things they hadn't done for a few days (such as role play games). Even I seemed to share this catching up feeling, as I baked bread, buns and scones, a work rate I rarely achieve, (but always hope to).
Finally we got down to our usual learning. I finished reading "Hearts Have Changed" (stories of the sahabah) to the boys, and need to find the next book. They went through their daily Quran practice, did a bit of French, English comprehension, maths numberwork page and a brief exercise on Surah Al Ma'un. All very routine.
U spent a long time working through a "Maisy" jigsaw book today. She completed most of the pages, only asking for my input very occasionally. I nearly got rid of that jigsaw book a few weeks ago as I was annoyed to keep finding the pieces spread around everywhere, and having to put it back myself or just shove it untidily somewhere. Today all the pieces were back and the book shut after U had finished with it. She also tidied up herself before I would let her play with her sand this evening. She will soon be three, inshAllah, maybe she is changing a little. Alhamdulillah.
As for Ia, she spent lots of time on the computer today, in between rushing off to play with the boys. When she recently saw her (same age) cousin reading I noticed that she was pretending to read along too. If she thought she ought to at that moment she doesn't seem too worried about it now! I have a feeling she will be one of those who teaches herself, giving me a surprise one day!
And I'm feeling so impatient about doing something to the garden! I have plants and seeds to plant, weeds to get out, especially the ground elder that is already reappearing where I weeded it a few weeks ago. But I really can't go crawling under soggy shrubs while it intermittently snows. So it looks like the ground elder will be getting ahead of me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment