We find this kind of maths fiddly and frustrating. Folding and cutting paper to form symmetrical shapes. It took ages to do. I found it a strain on the brain too. Words are much easier to deal with!Allah is Ar Raheem. If you are patient with an issue, something will come up. I do worry about my children's learning of Quran. I know a child who has memorised so much, maashAllah, and he's the same age as Ia. May Allah make him hafiz by the age of 10. So much credit should go to his mother, may Allah reward her, for getting him to that madrassah come what may. And its not like she doesn't have a busy life, she absolutely does! Some people are extraordinary, maashAllah.
Anyway, a couple of evenings ago I received a call from another sister, and in the course of the conversation we mentioned this topic and she explained how her son is quite similar to mine in these matters, and then she described her strategy for dealing with Quran study at home. Somehow this was just what I needed, alhamdulillah. Although I've seen how various families manage this over the years I couldn't really match their families to mine, although basically the method is the same. Read the surah, listen to a recitation of it, work as a group, all of you together, have a target that is manageable to you, review what is known as a group or individually with an mp3 (or similar). Little and often. Obvious isn't it? And I knew that before, but I think that it was the fact that I know her son, and I know that if he can do it like that then my sons can too. The sister and I don't speak that often on the phone, but at a time when these thoughts were uppermost in my mind she called and spoke about it. Everything occurs only by the will of Allah (swt).

1 comment:
mashaAllah, it always helps when you find someone going through the same thing, whatever the difficulty might be. The feeling of being the only one with any particular problen can hold you back from trying to solve it..
Symmetry was never my strong point in maths, I remember even at GCSE not liking it. Maybe this accounts for M's fringe that I trimmed the other day! (but faces aren't completely symmetrical are they?). Hairdressing lessons (esp for kids) at school would have been much more useful for me!
Post a Comment