Recently I posted about how the boys studied Surah Masad with another sister. I really liked the way she covered that with them, so I decided to copy the idea with other short surahs. Last week I read the tafsir of Surah An-Nasr to them, from Ibn Kathir. They also completed the exercises on the surah from the Iqra Short Surahs workbook. This week they wrote out the translation of the surah, with illustration. They drew a representation of crowds of people entering Islam and also teardrops. The teardrops represent the tears that Ibn Abbas is said to have shed on hearing this surah, because he recognised that it signified that the Prophet's (saw) mission was complete and that his life with them would soon end.
We have also made a focus of reciting this surah daily, as part of their regular recitation. InshAllah spending this much time on a surah, returning to it little and often, will help them to remember what they have learned. I hope, inshAllah, to continue this approach with more of the short surahs.
No comments:
Post a Comment