Monday, January 21, 2008

Painting and project

Its been a busy weekend. On Friday afternoon my computer gave up. The power supply went and it cannot be turned on. Replacing it has resolved the issues I had with photos, and this new one does not make a noise like a plane powering up for take off. The thought of being computerless was not good at all. Alhamdulillah we were able to sort it out.
I may be able to easily post photos again, but this does not improve the pitiful quality of the actual photography. However, the picture above is of the Jannah project we finished last week.
I used fabric as the backing material, which I think worked well, but is not so good if you transport the work anywhere, which is what we did and why it now looks so crumpled! The boys used glitter paints to write the title "Jannah", and to add some other embellishments of their choice. On each piece of paper the boys copied out a hadith or verse relating to the description of Jannah. For example we used a fruit shape for a description of the fruits, gold painted paper for the descrition of the clothing and so on. I used "Jannah, The Garden from the Quran and Hadith" by Adem Yakup as a reference, although I chose to only use hadith from the well known collections.

No comments: