After that we spent some time looking at a book about the seasons, discussing the season of winter. Then we went into the garden to look at all the amazing shapes and colours to be found among the shoots sprouting there. The girls were excited to spot all the little clumps of shoots, including all those hidden under large shrubs or close to the fences. We also looked at the twisted shapes of the branches of the old apple tree, which adjoins our fence at the back. Later Ia drew the picture below, of the tree, the shoots and, of course, the winter aconite! The more closely you look the more amazing Allah's creation becomes.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Calmly organized
After that we spent some time looking at a book about the seasons, discussing the season of winter. Then we went into the garden to look at all the amazing shapes and colours to be found among the shoots sprouting there. The girls were excited to spot all the little clumps of shoots, including all those hidden under large shrubs or close to the fences. We also looked at the twisted shapes of the branches of the old apple tree, which adjoins our fence at the back. Later Ia drew the picture below, of the tree, the shoots and, of course, the winter aconite! The more closely you look the more amazing Allah's creation becomes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was thinking it was the colours in English (before I read the text) so I thought 'aah How sweet she's spelt blue as blew', but then its the lovely cursive handwriting I wasnt tuned into. MashaAllah v brave teaching a foreign language. I feel hesistant correcting their Swedish and I'm living and speaking it most days.
Must be so great to have a garden of your own, my younger 2 were out on the balcony for the first time this year, enjoying watering the dead plants and mixing soil around. I was thinking they would be in their element in a proper garden...
Post a Comment