Lastest bake from R and J.
When the boys were about 5 I used workbooks from the Scottish Primary Maths scheme, Heinemann Mathematics. I really liked these books because they are really clear, they progess very gently and there is not too much to do on any one page. The boys really enjoyed these books too. We started with Heinemann Mathematics 1, continued with set 2, and used a little of set 3. At that time these books were already old, and only available through WH Smith. I was able to buy them in mixed packs, that is one of each of the workbooks 1 to 7 and the shape and measure books. These books are still in print, but I can only find them packaged in multiple packs, that is where you buy 7 or 8 of the same workbook. So, I decided to get the old copies out and start on them with the eraser! The paper is quite good quality, so its been ok. I started from book 4 of set 1, because the earlier books are on counting to 10, which Ia is confident in. Over the weekend Ia has completed all but one page of book 4. It seems these books are a hit with her too! I have also been using the Collins Primary Maths reception set with her, but for simplicity and clarity I still prefer the old Heinemanns. InshAllah I'll be erasing J's work from his book for U to use in years to come!
Today has been sunny and mild, maashAllah. A chance for some gardening, and whilst we were out walking today we saw crocus flowering too.
No comments:
Post a Comment