Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Calmly disorganized

Today is so calm and still, maashAllah, after all the wind and rain. It must be having an effect on me because although today is totally disorganized I don't mind at all!
We've had some carpets changed today, so this morning I was shifting furniture about. The boys have been very busy in their room, writing in their secret notebooks and drawing detailed maps of imaginary places. The girls have been playing together. I have read to them all, but there is no point trying to do much else until I shift all the furniture back. I'll let them enjoy racing about in an empty room for a little longer first!
The boys have tried out a trampolining lesson, which they really enjoyed. I thought it would appeal especially to J, as he had perfected a forward flip on the bed, before he got too tall for that sort of thing.
The little yellow flowers I posted about recently have been identified as winter aconite by my mother. There are more of them coming up all the time. Any one who feels the drabness of winter should really get some winter aconite!

No comments: