Alhamdulillah. We are in the last few days of Ramadan. I wanted to keep working all the way through, as much as possible, but I've come down with a bad cold and had no energy for anything today. The boys did some of their daily work, mostly the bits involving the computer and Quran review, but I couldn't even read aloud to them today.
But days like these do have their blessings. This evening R made pizzas for iftar, and J washed up. As for the girls, maashAllah, they played their imaginative games all day long, I just needed to feed them and help them in the bathroom.
Yes, their imaginative games are a little messy. They build little worlds for their soft toys. The toys need furnitue and all manner of household goods and these must be arranged and organised all over the house. On the windowsills, under and on side tables, on shelves etc etc. Everywhere there are little piles and collections of small objects, but it is all there for a purpose, part of the fabric of the game, and to tidy it away too soon would be to disrespect the intense imaginative creativity that has been invested there. Not that I could have tidied it today anyway!
1 comment:
AA WR WB,
La ba's tahoor inshaAllah.
I love the way you phrased "part of the fabric of the game...that has been invested there" mashaAllah it sums a childs play, ie his real work beautifully
Post a Comment