Wednesday, September 02, 2009

More Islamic Studies and Baking

For today's Islamic studies with the boys I made use of a link from TalibiddeenJr blog to an article about mistakes made in Ramadan. This was a read through and discussion type task, as the sister suggested in her post, maashAllah.
Then, this afternoon, I did some baking with the girls. Really I find that I can't do baking with both of them at once. They compete for the space and for who is going to stir first and so on. I don't feel that they really learn much about the baking that way, they are too busy thinking about whose turn it is to concern themselves with the process of what they are making. Ia should be learning more about using the scales and so on at her age, so it is better to bake with them one at a time.
U went first,helping to make chocolate cupcakes. She mainly helps me mix, and spoons it into the cake cases. Ia was able to do much more this time, maashAllah. She could weigh out ingredients, whisk egg, pour the liquid ingredients on to the dry ones. (This was a melt method plain cake - which she later iced).
Not a Ramadan craft, but making something for her fasting family to enjoy at iftaar time, inshAllah.

No comments: