It is already Saturday evening, subhanAllah, and already the middle of Ramadan!!!!
Time passes so differently in Ramadan it seems to me. We sleep after Fajr, and by the time I'm really awake again and ready to think straight the morning seems very short!
I've been keeping the learning activities short, so it has been easy to complete the list each day. Usually I'll get the boys to work in the morning, and scatter the girls' activities throughout the day. The boys are working on a project on Prophet Isa (as), as well as doing Ramadan related Islamic studies. Ia has been doing some practical learning about making wudu, and how to pray. She is not seven yet, but it won't be long, inshAllah, especially in terms of the Islamic calendar. Ramadan seems a good time to get started.
The girls have also been doing some Ramadan colouring sheets, although really it is Ia who prefers this. U does not really like to colour. When you have a young child who does not like to colour you really notice how many resources for the young age group are based around colouring. Last week U asked to do a maths workbook. She has two books in use at the moment, on the next pages she had the choice of a shape colouring activity, or a "draw one less" activity. She decided not to do maths, unfortunately. U is the kind of person who expects her drawings to come out looking exactly right, so if she can't get the flower right ,she's not doing it. The boys did not like colouring either, but a quick scribble would seem good enough to them!
Next week, inshAllah, all the after school activities begin again with the new school term. I hardly feel ready for all that rushing about! Seems like I've become lazy over the holidays, although I did manage to do some garden tidying and bulb planting today.
No comments:
Post a Comment