But she does enjoy listening to me read this Letterland alphabet book. I bought this years ago in a charity shop. There is a short description of each Letterland character per letter. It is an old series, this book is a 1985 edition,but we have some of the story and handwriting workbooks too.
Recently a school teaching assistant told me that in her school they are not allowed to call "k" Kicking K, because of the kicking. So presumably the character below is off limits.
Another way to learn alphabet is to use the computer, at Education City, Starfall or Create a Reader, or with a CDrom.
Or the cut out and stick method I blogged about before.
Anyway, I hope she gets it soon, so we can move on, inshAllah! Although, having said that, knowing letters is not an essential for reading. Ia now reads small chapter books, like Lucy Daniel's "Little Dolphin" series, but she still forgets the names of some letters from time to time.
3 comments:
As salaam alaikum,
We completed the lap-note alphabet last year, but my 4 yr. old still doesn't know all of the letters, subhannallah.
I also like the Handwriting Without Tears products. The My First Bob Books Alphabet is nice as well.
Walaykumsalaam,
Jazakallahkhair for those suggestions.
Biryani's into the Cookie monster and other spelling games on PBS kids website. One thing computer games are good at, teaching the dull stuff!
Post a Comment