Thursday, September 24, 2009

Beginning again

Autumn has arrived. Ramadan has passed, Eid has been celebrated. Now it is really time to remember what it is we do with our days of home ed!!
I think it is going to work like this...the boys will get most of their work done in the morning, and the girls will do more in the afternoons. I'm not sure that this is a good idea, but whatever I intend it seems to end up that way. Hmmm.
Another small change is that the boys will do their maths and English tasks first thing and then I'll do the read aloud. Although it is nice to start with read aloud, this way will probably break things up more suitably. The boys usually like to zip through tasks as fast as they can, and it will be nice to have those daily ones out of the way early.

Here Ia addresses the problem of "How many less than 22 is 16?"

U has many of her own ideas about learning. She did not want to do a task today, so I said we'd leave it, to which she responded "So, then how will I know how to teach my own children if I don't learn it?"
Well, learning it later is OK too! But, interesting viewpoint!
In the photo she is doing something she enjoyed, threading the buttons and then counting how many were on the string.

No comments: