A consequence of lots of outdoor play in a muddy February garden. Lots of muddy trousers to launder too.
Ia's maths activity for today was as follows: I drew a 6x6 grid on 1cm squared paper. In the first line she shaded one square in one colour, and the other 5 squares in another colour. On the next line she shaded two, and four, the third line three and three. By this time she understood the pattern. The last line was coloured in one colour only. This coloured grid represented number bonds for 6. Then, next to each line she wrote out the matching calculation (1+5=6, etc). This done she used cusinaire rods to place over the coloured squares, thereby representing the number bonds once again.
Later we went to the park with friends. It was very busy, because of school holidays. There were seven children in our party today. I love to see them race ahead into the park, together. But they made me think of the other children we have enjoyed park visits with in the past, in other parks. It is really such a privilage to share our lives with children. Alhamdulillah.
2 comments:
Assalamualaikum,
Thanks for your comment and concern. I wish we were near to each other. It's nice to had support nearby. I'm here a lone with local friends I really know. Couple that I know live about half hour from me and they not home school anyway. So,day in and day out, I'm the only adult with my hubby , but as usual he go in the morning and come back in evening.
assalaamu alaikum
As I read about your visit to the park, I remembered the times our kids went to the park together. Insha Allah sometime soon we might be able to visit you in your new place and go to the park with the kids.take care
Post a Comment