Saturday, February 23, 2008

Seeds



These are some seeds my children chose to grow for our garden, inshAllah. Ia chose pink nasturtium and pompom asters. The boys wanted giant sunflowers. I haven't grown flowers from seeds before, so we are all learning together. Today we planted lupin seeds in a compost tray, and left it on the kitchen windowsill. Our garden shed is glazed and shelved on one side, so it's a kind of potting shed. But it may be too cold still, and probably I'd forget to water anything I left in there!

Sure I know what the books say about the germination of the seed, and what it needs to grow, but this doesn't make me any more sure about caring for them correctly. The seeds will only grow if Allah wills. I really hope they do grow!

1 comment:

Pinar said...

No doubt this exercise ties neatly in with the knowledge your children have been gaining about farming.

My son and I will be planting soon too, Inshallah!