I planted the bulbs for these crocus flowers in Ramadan. At that time we had read about how the Sahabah used to pray to Allah in the six months before Ramadan to extend their lives so that they could fast Ramadan and in the months after they would pray that Allah accept their fast of Ramadan. When I planted the bulbs I thought that inshAllah they would flower once we were around halfway to the next Ramadan, which it is. A time to think about what we have been doing since Ramadan, have we been keeping up with the intentions of that month? Have we prayed that Allah accept our last Ramadan, are we hoping for the next already?And what better promt to the rememberance of Allah than the sight of some of His springtime creations?

1 comment:
I was asked lst night by M how long it was until Eid (kids eh?! not thinking of Ramadhan) and I took a guess at 150 days, which is almost half a year. I can hardly believe it's gone so quickly.
MashaAllah your post is a good reminder:)
Post a Comment