U has been very funny, maashAllah. She helped me mix up muffins this morning, but that is not the funny bit. U says that when she is bigger and I am her age, she will look after me. This is what she will do for me when our roles are reversed, she will get me to sleep at night (but I will have to sleep in my own bed), when I call she will bring me a drink in a cup with a lid on it. She will give me food, buy me toys, allow me to watch TV and she will teach the boys. She will shout at the boys until they come downstairs, then they will do good writing. She will also look after Papa when he is a little boy, but Ia will be her sister.
Today we got into the geography farming project. I finished reading to them the library book we had borrowed, featuring four farms in different parts of the world. Then I came across this excellent farming educational resource. InshAllah I will be making use of the primary level materials on there. Today we watched the video about farming, then we discussed these questions:
Where are farms?
What are farms for?
What do farmers grow?
How do farmers decide what to grow?
The purpose of these questions was really to open up the hugeness of this topic, to show the boys how varied farms must be, and the importance of their role.
But we didn't get everything else done that I wanted to today. So much of everything to do!!!
2 comments:
Assalamualaykum,
It's nice to hear we got identical place for home school. At least I did something right! It's also nice to share thing in common that we had. And I'm also learn new way of teaching when ever I visit your blog and other home school mom blog. Like you said, as a mother we always worries too much. It is good to back off a little bit sometime. Imagine couple of nights sometime I keep having a dream about children and learning!! Nice to share thing with you...
That thing about the grown-ups becoming children again, I'm pretty sure one of the boys, maybe H, has said something similar. . But doesn't it say somewhere in the Quran about how we go back to being like children when we are in old age (if we make it that long inshaAllah), and so true how we are likely to become dependant on our children one day.
I know he's asked me'What are you going to do when you grow up?':)
Post a Comment