We've been having visitors and making new friends. I don't plan for "holidays" from home education, I find that from time to time we will become temporarily busy doing social things, and that becomes a holiday time, or at least a time for a reduced timetable. It is time to get back into things fully again now though!
The kids were given a gingerbread house kit to make. The list of ingredients looks as if a knowledge of chemistry is required to understand it. It was fun to make though. There were more candies and icing to go on but the thing was about to collapse, so they stopped. Shortly after the photo it all caved in. Today I shall have to negotiate how much of it I will actually allow them to eat.
4 comments:
They made one of these at H's nursery and it seems part of the 'post-Christmas' rituals is to destroy it and eat it, but there were quite a few more children to share it with than you have.
There was an item in the Swedish news recently that Italy had banned Swedish cinnamon biscuits as too much cinnamon is toxic, but then you have to eat 120 plus thin bisuits for any effect. So it's not just E numbers!!
Is it a Christmas item? I had no idea. I thought it was something to do with Hansel and Gretel.
Astafirullah
maybe just here, everything gets mixed up. They have witches (good ones(?!) at Easter too.
You never know something we do innocently may be part of some religious ritual somewhere in the world, it's our intention that counts.
Post a Comment