Saturday, December 12, 2009

Weekend maths

I like this activity! Today I did this with U.
Take a handful of cubes in each of three colours and put them in a bag. Then get the child to draw out 5 cubes and record the colour combinations that come out. Each time remembering to total the number of cubes to 5. This will show different ways of making 5 from three numbers.
Of course you can choose a different total number, or a different number of colours to suit your purpose.
I didn't try making a point out of saying "See, we are making 5 in different ways", instead I just let her experience it in her own way.

2 comments:

Naimah said...

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Sounds good Masha'Allaah, will try it with mine insha Allaah.

Umm Raiyaan said...

Salaam,

I like this mashaAllah. Will try this out with R.

Jzk for sharing.
Wsm
Umm Raiyaan x