So, we are just plodding along here at the moment. Not much else going on. The children have been seeing some of their friends, and getting on with our daily routines.
I've been using the "Silly Snail Game", which I downloaded in a Currclick give away some time ago. It is a game for teaching parts of speech. Players have to identify the part of speech of a word highlighted on a sentence card. The playing board is marked out with the names of the parts of speech, and you don't use dice to move on. The boys enjoy playing this game and it is finally getting them to bother to remember the names of the parts of speech, alhamdulillah!
Yesterday I found a shop selling the Hadith Challenge game, and we had a go at playing this today too. Although many of the questions are on topics and hadith that the boys have come across in their studies remembering all thoses details is another matter, and this may be a way of getting some revision and some retention done, inshAllah.
I also played an educational game with U today, using the CVC matching cards we have. These are very cheap and cheerful cards I bought years ago, but which have seen good use, alhamdulillah. When these come out I know a milestone has been reached and the child is starting to sound out simple words successfully. The cards consist of pairs of cards, the first with a picture and the initial letter, and the second with the last two letters, so you pair up b with ox to make box and so on.
No comments:
Post a Comment